Friday, May 3, 2013

The Ball Was in my court!!!...Weekend Update Plans

Howdy!
Have you ever heard the voice of God????
We discussed God's Guidance last Wednesday in bible study...when someone asked have you ever heard God's Voice.....hmm...I thought... well.. I can say I feel like I have recognized where God has guided me to situations... Where God has put certain people in my life.... But have I ever truly heard God's voice speak to me?? Wow...which I have really really thought about that... for the past few weeks... our bible study moves at a slower pace..so we have been talking about this subject last two weeks....so last weekend on our way to this dog clinic - bible study had got me thinking... if you know us..you know it is in our future to adopt... I know it will happen..Not soon enough for me I don't think..but I know it will happen...but we had this friend that need a lot of our support...I considered this friend family... well the friend had a 3rd baby on the way... and she was barely surviving with the 2...so I would here from her every so often it seemed like the last year we kept in touch b.c. she would call when she needed something...well..I get this call out of the blue...and she tells me how she is so embarrassed she is pregnant again..she don't know how far but she tried getting "rid" of it but couldn't follow through and what not...and asked me if Jake & I would adopt the baby when it was born.... I don't know what I was thinking...but I just said the first thing that came out of my mouth... No. I told her there were many many programs out there that would help her find a family for the baby and help her get back on her feet. That we didn't know what our future held and she told me she couldn't trust anybody taking the baby...and I said one way or another... then you need to keep this baby..you already have 2...this 3rd one someday will come looking for you. how will this baby feel when he/she realizes you kept his/her brother and sister...

it was probably one of the hardest conversations I've ever had in my life..I didn't tell anybody till a couple days passed by... In my mind this friend needed some tough love...you might not think that but if you knew the full details...it was time for tough love... I didn't hear from her till after the baby was born..and I was surprised to hear her say thank you to me..for my support?????..lol..okay.. I thought surly I did the right thing... I only seen her a couple times after that... the kids eventually landed in foster care..and she ended up giving that 3rd child up for adoption....

When we talked about God's guidance these past 2 weeks...the first thing came in my mind was...did God allow me to know this person so that I could help her and she help me?...Did I ignore his direction..looking back it was the perfect situation...we could have avoided a "agency" fee... and all that crap...but what held me back?? I didn't want her to be in the picture. The baby we  adopt someday..that baby will  be our flesh and blood..he/she will be a clum..I wouldn't want the "mother" to still be in the picture.... BUT NOW looking back I should have....when I try to reach out to this person every so often..I'm ignored....I worry...I pray for her and all of her children... I just have this strong feeling- I dropped the ball and should have told her...Let me think about this and I'll call you in a few days...  that has been on my mind a lot lately. God has given me a strong desire to adopt... it will happen..all in due time....

This weekend????? Tonight shopping in Findlay .. Tomorrow Jude/Dane's pictures...Sunday... Sydney's 1st birthday!!!... how fun how fun.... and this is a slow weekend for us..lol...don't seem real slow huh?...

much love..
keep me in your prayers... our church has a group down in Haiti right now too..so keep them in your prayers too!!!

also WW...I've been losing at a very slow pace...something has got to give!...Jake Has done wonderful...I've heard he looks like a "skeleton"...grrr...my whole thing was I didn't want to be his "fat wife"....I want to be his hot wife..lol...oh well... please pray for my will power to keep on this..its a lifestyle change that I am trying to make!

Love you
JOie

No comments:

Post a Comment