Thursday, August 4, 2011

Vacation TIme part time mom...sittin..Gram & Gramps

4pm can not come soon enough. 4pm and I'm officially off the hook for 10 days straight. Vacation... I can not wait. Tonight is a big night..I feel like a part time mom since my kids have been staying away..well not all the time but they stayed at Jess & Mike's Tuesday Night and I didn't get them back till about 6 yesterday I was able to get my grocery shopping done stress free..and then tonight as soon as I get home I'm going to get the kids ready and take them to Rachel & Chris's to stay the night- that really helps me out b.c. I am going to get all the cooking and baking done that I can do a head of time and the kids get a little "special" time before the unruly Massie Babe comes. :) (unruly=Uncooperative and the gender will be a surprise) 10 days with my hubby & kids...this is going to be nice. Memories being made and fun too!

So this week was the 1st week at their New Sitters my sis in law.... Sondra & Stu are loving it. One thing Sondra can't get the fact that we are going to bring a few toys over and keep them there to play with. She will not leave her babies there. Its a concept she can't learn. Hopefully today she'll get it this time. I think after things settle down and Sondra & Stu go regularly- she'll leave stuff there- its just different b.c. at her last sitters she had a set of ornery twin cousins that Sondra was always "afraid" they were going to break her stuff. LOL...Like Sondra takes such good care of her toys.

Today would have been Grandma Sondra's 74th birthday. I always found it neat this little fact. Sondra was 4 this year. I will be 24 this year. Jess will be 34 this year. My Mom will be 54 years old this year. And Grandma would have been 74 this year. Just neat. I still can't shake the memory of Grandma from everyday life. I see things and think of her. Last Sunday me and Sondra were picking out perfume to wear and I sprayed some and I tried to spray her with the same kind and she says NO Mom I want Grandma Sondra perfume....smile... I have a bottle of perfume of Soft Musk that my Grandma use to wear. Now my Mom said she use to wear another kind but then switched to Soft Musk- but when I smell it- I see her. Whenever I know I'm going to have a tough day or need a lift.. I put soft musk on and whenever I smell it- makes me smile. But Apparently Sondra has seen me put it on and to saying Grandma perfume to know she likes it. Any special days concerning Grandma made me think of her life and my future. I wish she would have met Stuart and got to know his personality and hear what she thought of him. But I am missing her today.

Yesterday I had a driver ask to look at a piece of paper and make sure my Grandpa's address was right. And sure enough it was. And he told me he had worked for my Grandpa(Laking Trucking) for 30 years and seen he was being inducted into the Allen County Fair  Hall of Fame and wanted to send him a card. He also it was about time b.c. of all the work he had done for the fair. Which embarrassingly enough I'm not even sure what he done for the fair. I know a couple years back I found out he was the "official" time keeper for the race horses. That certainly didn't get him to be Grand Marshall of the fair or a inductee. Its a case I'm gonna solve..  Anyways..Grandpa is certainly a pretty neat smart and generous man. I have had many people tell me the 1st time they met Kenny or how Kenny gave them their first Job at Terra/Farmers Commission or through his & his best friend's business they had started.

Well I got to be going..gotta make sure everything is ready to go. Much love and I don't know when I'll post I think this might be the 1st time I won't post next week... I'll send some pictures to my blog if I can figure it out! Later

No comments:

Post a Comment