Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Cooking Crazy Canning Decoration and Tip for Good Looks

So- I'm having a pretty good day!~...Although we "planned to wake up" early today...lately we'll sleep in until 7:10 or later...and I leave my house at 7:30 the latest..so you can guess how good I'm looking through out the week with all the time I spend getting ready! lol..but anyways..but last night.. I thought I gotta get up for once! lol... so this morning I didn't wake up early..but I did wake up at 7..meaning I got out of bed at 7..I did just lay there dreading to start my day..but I got up!... That in turn I had a easy drive to work this morning... no hurrying...no over 60MPH... so tomorrow I think I am going to try and wake up a little bit earlier.. 6:45am. wish me luck :)

I do not know what has gotten in me lately. I love to cook. try new things and sorts. Monday night wasn't really "creative" but I tried something new. All things concerning meat cooked in cream of mushroom soup(COMS) is genius. and taste worthy. I like to make pork chops with COMS..also..Salisbury steak...and just about any beef breaded and fried and covered in it is great. Its built in gravy.. yum..anyways..I had thawed chicken breast and thought why not? So I seasoned them with seasoning salt and baked them for a little bit then I put put a can of COMS in a baking dish put the chicken breast in and cooked a little longer..and viola! it so so good!...also that night... on the menu... Fried potatoes with real bacon bites cooked together topped with Cheddar cheese... which me and my Mom like to call it... "I didn't Know" lol... which diced green peppers and fresh mushrooms should have been in it..but I didn't have either of those in the kitchen....then me and kids carved the 1st pumpkin of the season and we made cinnamon pumpkin seeds which I think... they needed roasted longer..but no worries we have 3 other pumpkins that we will eventually cut up and We'll try again!
Then last night!
I had homemade pizza on the brain. so i found a recipe for homemade dough...used my bread machine dough cycle.....while that was going on I fried up the sausage... and bacon..(my family are meat eaters)... put it in the over to bake..then  decided..why not make some pumpkin muffins with Chocolate chunks and peanut butter chips.. ohh yum! ..first were a little dry but adjusted the bake time and they were very lovely...3 of my favorite things :)... i really finding new recipes and trying them out..I feel accomplished when I sit down to a lovely meal that I spent time preparing...and I enjoy that much more :)..as far as my husband.. he not so much... we have opposites takes on food... his motto he says is "HE Eats to Live"..and he says my motto is "I Live to Eat"... lol.

also it was so nice..yesterday I sent out a mass message asking my family what their favorite "Sunday dinner" meal or dish was that Grandma made. I loved seeing all the responses. Everyone having their own personal favorite or people going back and forth in messages saying... How could you not say this or that?.. My favorite... Salisbury Steak :) that is my Grandma meal..that stuff heals my soul....its comforting.. I can remember the last time I had her Salisbury Steak..and now when I make it..its pretty damn good..but its not as good as hers..its like..maybe something is missing..I also loved her lemon chicken..that was so good!...her Black raspberry pie..well..lets be honest..any of her pies... She was a Baking Goddess.

MyPretty Shelves and then a DVD Clutter
Last night I cleaned off my shelves and put my jars of goodness up... I now a lot of people decorate with them..but I don't have a knack for that..so.. I just put them up... The top shelf is most spaghetti sauce and a couple jars of tomato juice and a few jars of Chill...then the second row is mostly applesauce of all sizes and colors..and a few spaghetti sauce straglers that didn't fit on the above shelf..I'm so proud of those 2 shelves... :) I appreciate my Mom teaching me how to can and will continue to do so..I'm so big on this i'm considered the "Canning Nazi".. .. I'm actually going and cooking down tomatoes tonight..probably the last of the season :(...

Also..the best thing happened today... I'm sitting at my desk.. a driver walks in asks if we had showers..told ya to the right...when he was done showering... he put 10 on my desk..and I picked it up and said oh no Showers are free here!... and he says oh no its ok..and I said no I can't take your money..and he said No! Have lunch or a beer on me! ...lol..then I had a internal voice in my head that said SHUT UP Joie..and I did and told him Thank you!... I little razing from the other guys for getting a tip for nothing hasn't hurt my feelings... My Reply.. Its not my fault I got a tip for having such good looks :)

welp so long :)

1 comment:

  1. One of my goals is to can something from our garden, so next summer be prepared for a new student! Oh, and that applesauce looks so cool! :)

    ReplyDelete