Monday, October 17, 2011

Where there is Life- There is Hope :)

In life I hate it when something terrible happens and it shakes you to your core. That how you feel about somebody a loved one like my cousin all those feelings come rushing at you head on. I was terrified the moment I got the message he was in a accident to the moment I seen him in the ER..then to the moment in ICU...  you can never be prepared. .

for those that don't know my cousin Austin and 2 friends were in a car accident Saturday night. He was driving and ran a stop sign at the corner of Lawrence and Alger rd. He was struck by a oncoming car.

Austin is my little cousin who lives down the road from my parents. He as a little guy had a head of curly curls and always almost always had droll running down his face :). Slobber Box I would call him. Anyways.. We have grown up fairly close..I babysat his sister and him. His super hero was probably still is my brother Jordan. He has a caring heart. I don't know if its b.c. we grew up close that he always every time always when he sees my kids- he always shows them attention. Picks them up hugs kisses. He isn't too cool to do that. And I can proudly say all my cousins or brothers in high school does that.

I ask everyone to pray for my everyone involved in the accident. Please pray for Carol Stiles and her son Darren Stiles. Please pray for Cole Basham and Ryan Kindle. Please pray for Austin. Ask God to work on all the kid's hearts in the community. We in the last few years have lost 4 AE students from alcohol involved accidents. maybe just maybe... I know if things haven't changed in the past few years..but maybe AE needs a Living Testimony. I'm praying that when Austin gets better- that God uses him. Uses him to change the hearts of kids and their mentality of being invincible.

Another thing is- with all this happening rumors have spread GALORE. Why is it people feel the need to "make up" or assume things and then pass those assumptions on as fact. Take the official news and don't add to it or change it. and I know this sounds cold b.c. Austin is these kids friends- but I Feel its pretty intrusive for so many people/kids just to be standing in the hallway of ICU just staring and texting on their phones updating their little Facebook status...about how hard it is to be there! I just...feel like maybe they should hold off a little bit till things settle down a bit.
 and don't get me started on FB. I think FB is a good thing. Someone has created a Prayer Chain great. But also people have had negative comments about the whole accident and everything else. You know what?..He isn't the 1st kid to drink and drive. Is he a horrible person? Absolutely not. Do we need people throwing out comments like "oh is it worth it now?" (I'm not saying that is not a valid question but nonetheless its inappropriate 1st off and 2nd to do it on FB? really)... no we need people sending prayers up and support for road to recovery. Austin is a good kid that didn't make responsible decisions and we are thankful that no one was killed in the accident. And when the time is right his irresponsible decisions will be addressed and I'm sure you won't be invited to the discussion so there is no need to post it on Facebook. I just hate that people spout off at the mouth that you know for a fact they wouldn't say that to someone's face.         

...wow..I'm a little fired up about all that.. sorry..but as you all know...I'm protective of my family ....and let me state..that is MY opinion..and no one else.

I have had a rough weekend. not much sleep. after getting home from the hospital I couldn't sleep. I sat in my living room staring at the TV and just seeing Austin in that hospital bed. Rubbing his forehead and lightly brushing the top of his curls telling him that I loved him and that he needs to get better. at 3am- I decided to write Austin a letter. and that's what I did. By 4:30am.. I was off to bed...and by 5am..I had Sondra waking me up to ask me to hold her baby doll b.c. she had to go the bathroom. heh.. oh Sondra...  and so I fell back to sleep cradling a fake baby while my daughter played in the bathroom for a little while. She got her baby back and went and laid on the couch. Sunday came and went. In the morning I told Sondra that Austin had been in a accident and she really didn't understand. I told her that he wasn't awake but it was ok b.c. it was good for his brain to be asleep so it could heal.  In Sunday school I forgot my worksheets for my class so Sondra made Austin a card. She actually wrote her name and made a "heart" that looks like a circle so I wrote love in it and I dashed out Austin's name and Sondra traced it. She drew pictures inside the card and wrote down that "Austin is Silly" that was a bunch of scribbles so I wrote it out under it... and then on the back she wanted suckers taped on b.c. she said when Austin wakes up he is going to be really hungry. :)... My heart smiled that she said that and smiled even more when she wanted to steal one of his suckers b.c. she wanted a second one... he would love that and Sondra is going to have to explain to Austin sometime why he only got one sucker on his card when there is clearly evidence of a time when there was 3 suckers taped to the back. :)

both me and Jake Sunday night fell asleep before 11. and of course this morning woke up late.          

so I really don't know what this post is about... but I mean I do... its Austin.. but you have these feelings and you just want to get them all out. and make sense of them...
I have no "official" news on his condition. But I really appreciate my prayer warriors out there taking time to pray for these people. until next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment