Friday, January 13, 2012

Responsible weekendupdate KittyByeBye MLKJr


You are not only responsible for what you say, but also for what you do not say.
Martin Luther

this week as I was looking for quotes about responsibility... this one stopped me... a lot of times (not all the time but) I choose my words carefully.. because you can not unsay a word...no matter how many times they forgive you... its still in their memory of what you said....even if I don't agree with something and I may think what they are saying is totally asinine... I'll just not say anything and not ruffle the feathers...well with that quote... maybe I should speak up on things that I know are wrong...

I have had a easy going week you could say... the weekend was nice. I spent Saturday in Spencerville sitting  in a coaches room "helping" my MIL...more like running after my 2 kids... it was nice though seeing the family...and getting to hold the squishy littlebig Ainsley! Here are the Clum Grand kids :)  .
Stu, Ainsley, & Sondra

Also like I said last week about Winnie's days being numbered..I meant it...me and Jake talked about taking the cat to my parents and not telling Sondra and saying Winnie must have got out. and then once she seen her at my parents we could just say she ran away to Grandma & Grandpa's Farm... well Saturday morning arrived and Sondra was too scared to get back in her bed b.c. Winnie was in and she would scratch her legs... I had it...I fumed... I yelled the cat was going to live at the farm...even with Sondra's persistent cries- I was done..I have never had a cat be so mean...I don't know if it is b.c. Stuart terrorized it all the time like would hit him w/Sondra's mini bat...and also..my personal favorite Stu would put the cat in Sondra and his play kitchen and fridge..and she didn't know who to trust...or maybe b.c. Winnie was really a boy cat..and we referred to him as she ..maybe pissed him off who knows..but this cat is really a Ahole lol.. really..it liked me..and sat on my lap and kept me warm..but when I would go to pet her....she would attack my hand after a minute or 2...anyways... so she went packing...and the Monday night after I really start kind of missing the cat... I get this message from Jake which I should have got when he took it over there but for some odd reason it didn't come until Monday night:
"It realizes it messed up" is all Jake wrote in the text w/Poor Winnie
what else??.. Hmm... this weekend.. should be a pretty easy going one... wrestling tonight... Saturday..who knows...hopefully nothing..and Jake doesn't have anything for himself planned... Sunday the usual :)... I found the cutest valentines for Sondra to pass out today... She likes to pass them out to her Daddy's wrestling boys and her Sunday School friends too...can't wait..

also..with MLK JR Day coming up..I've seen people's status about how great it is the schools are teaching their kids about racism and how it wrong and so forth about it not just being another day off school.... you know a ironic happening this week...one of my foster brothers was called a nigger by a freshman girl. I guess he was sitting   in lunch and somebody threw a carrot and it hit him in his face..he stood up and said who threw this at me?..and this girl stood up and said one way or another that she did and ended the sentence with nigger... wow.. she also went on to telling him to go pick cotton... I don't even know all the exact details.. b.c. he was talking so fast b.c. he was still mad about it when he was telling me later that night about it....best part is a cop ended up coming to the school wanting to press charges on him for the whole thing..but after looking at the tapes.. it showed he didn't touch the girl or her brother... that is all just too sad...I just don't get it...Go on and don't like the kid b.c. he is mouthy, loud, bratty, a player, lazy, irresponsible, messy, or anything..but do not go on and insult the kid with racial slurs...I hate that those small minds are still around today... I even hate I'm related to some of them..... I guess that is a advantage of being raised with a colorful family... since 4/5th grade we have had a assortment of children coming in and out of my life..that stay with us for maybe a short time..or some for a very long time..and some that I will always check up on and pray and worry for.....and a long the way I have learned the weight of throwing around words like that. the one day I can remember in 5th grade was a day we were in lunch and we were sitting at the lunch table and we were all sharing a cookie icing thing..like you dipped graham cracker cookies in this icing..but we were all eating the icing with our fingers..and this boy..makes a comment about not wanting to eat after Joie the nigger lover.... I was so embarrassed... looking back on that..he didn't come up with that on his own... he heard his Mom/Dad say it...was it coincidental that he said it to me and I had black foster sisters living with me... or maybe he just always used it?..I'm not really sure. But I do know I will not instill that kind of behavior in my kids. They will not learn that kind of hate from me.
and this got all too way serious all of a sudden... sorry!.. that stuff just fires me up!

I'm so happy it is Friday... I like having a daily routine but on the other hand I really like having the weekend to do whatever we want...welp I better get going!..I'll update you soon :)

   

No comments:

Post a Comment