Friday, January 27, 2012

WeekendNews WheezeBoxStu PhoneLove WomensGroup

Wow... its friday...and I'm find less and less time to blog here lately.... Last weekend was a pretty good weekend... easy going night for me and the kids while Daddy was at wrestling in Van Buren... Saturday... was a failed mission in itself... I was invited to a High School friends shower that I really wanted to go to...Like a silly young Mom I thought I could take both my kids with me and control them.. lol ....shower started at 1pm... I was gone before it even started....man..I really wanted to go... as defeated as I felt I thought I would go to van buren for wrestling. John was going to have a chance to get his 100th win! So I wanted to be present. and if you know me and how much I hate driving on the fast road (75) you knew it was a big deal I was even contemplating driving to Van Buren by myself. So we went.. and I was happy to see John get his 100th win..but as soon as he did..I left...and left Sondra b.c. she thinks she is a "wrestlerette"... and I gained a heavier passenger in Austin! :).. we had some good quality talk time and just some down time of hanging out...Stuart came home with us too b.c. he was so irritable. I knew he was getting a ear infection most likely. He had a cough for a couple weeks but seemed like it got worst and of course his nose was dripping more than usual...eehh... so I put him down after we got home from Van Buren knowing he would be waking up...I would go and check on him..and sure enough..he was wheezing...eventually he woke up wheezing and gave him a breathing treatment to open his airways... hoping it would him over till Monday to get him into the doctor..b.c. by goodness gracious I sure has heck didn't want to take him to the doctor for a ear infection.... Sunday was filled with the usual..but with a Sick Baby Stuart... which leads me into Monday's drama... 

So to make a long story short...I couldn't get in to see my regular doctor and ended up seeing someone else who works in his office. after the nurse checked his pulse ox it was 93...which she said they like it to be higher...I'm thinking go goodness no.. I hope they don't send me to the ER...the doc comes in to see Stuart..comments she can here him Wheezing... ohh goodness..no not the ER....I ask if I could get more Albuterol until I go back to his regular doctor just in case he gets sick again and needs it... she dumb founds me with "Well I don't think he needs any set regular treatment schedules"...alright?... lol... did she not understand I only give it to him when he is sick and his wheezing is much worse?... either way I walked out of that doctor office completely dumb founded...he of course had a ear infection and was sent home with a script for the pink stuff.... but no Albuterol. So only having 3 more sticks of medicine...I was freaking a bit..b.c. what if for some reason I went through those and he gets sick before I see Dr. Tran...so after listening to my sister Jess...I decided as early as possible I would take stu to see Dr. Tran to address his wheezing. And after thinking about it...I should have done this sooner. I just am/was never concerned about it until he gets sick...and even when he did get sick I had a nebulizer and breathing treatments that it would hold him over till Monday so I  could get him into the Doctor's office...but after this last time...I decided 1 or 2 things needed to happen. 1. I could have a script for Albuterol (he already had one but it wasn't refillable b.c. he still had lots left over and dumb me told the doc I didn't need a new yet). But I wanted a script so like usual when he started to get sick and if it was on the weekend we could treat his wheezing at home till we could get into the doctor. Or 2. Address the wheezing and take steps to solve problem. ...and this is what happened....after telling him and the nurse everything...he assured me my concerns were understandable and there wouldn't be a problem with getting a script for breathing Treatments. Then he would like to start Stu on a decongestant (allergrey med). Also Get Stu a chest X ray and see him back in 2 weeks.....  I love my family doctor and his Nurse...I love that I can tell him what is going on..and he tells me what we can do and he is genuinely concerned. Not to mention he loves my kids...loved that Stuart growled and hissed at him...

on to my next thing..hmm.. oh my Phone Love...so I got my new phone last friday..and I had a little bit of a moment where I was like... was this a good idea b.c. I couldn't even figure out how to activate it or insert some sim sam card... but after a little help I got it going...and yes..it is  a huge adjustment...but its so worth it.. I love it...I'm newly addicted to Words w/Friends game..although I seriously really suck at it..its fun... I love the apps... and yes my battery does drain... but very worth it... just have to get a extra charger.. 

Last night was Women's Fellowship. The ladies that were there I was proud that we got City Farmers its a fund raiser where we do a meal and serve it to this group of farmers... but anyways..we got all that squared away and just need more volunteers to help us. :) I'm hoping we get some help. It always goes smoother when there are more hands... with Women's fellowship..I enjoy it. I like not having the kids for a night and just hanging with the girls. although it is only monthly...I still enjoy it..my only problem is..I wish we would have more people come to the regular meetings... we get good numbers for the retreat and other "fun" stuff..but how to we get good steady members that will help year long..which we had a good talk about it lastnight at the meeting...but if you are a member..and reading this and have a idea or something... call message me... one of the main reasons I accepted the president role was b.c. I wanted to rejuvenate Women's Fellowship....turn it back to what it once was.and a lot lately here..I just feel like with me being president I just have scrambled it up..and set it back... whats a girl got to do?.... hmm....

This weekend... I'm excited for. Tonight.. like usual...its a easy going night..while Daddy is at wrestling @LCC me and the kids are going to go to Alfred's bball game... we don't get to those very often..and when they are home.... that means its free for me to get in (cash in on that "employee" discount from Jake).... so I'll stay for as long as I can wrangle my kids... Saturday I am taking the kids to get their pictures taken by a High School friend Chad Hughes who I absolutely love...this guy is living his dream! :)... he is running a special for Vday pics..so how can I not snatch up a spot?....lately its just tough taking pictures b.c. one its old and 2.. although I think my pics do just fine...but as far as the picture quality I can tell.. I really want to get a SLR Camera...even a used one..I want to learn how to shoot and start taking some pictures other than my 2 brats..I have some family members counting on me to take baby pics... so I'm hoping sometime soon I am able to do that... but anyways!... that was side tracked..anyways... so we are going to be doing that saturday...and then hopefully... my nerves allow us to go to wrestling maybe for the finals..

Welp...I must be going..I got things to do..people to see... 

No comments:

Post a Comment