Friday, August 12, 2016

Why I started this..fair..wagon train..school

I couldn't help but read my very first post. I started writing this blog Sept. 1, 2010 (My 23 birthday). The life of this blog and I have close to 15,000 page views.. This was inspired after fair that year. I remember wondering what my old friends or acquaintances thought of me that "seen" me at fair. For some reason at that time I was feeling "not me". I wanted to be where I was but I had this realization that I wasn't who I was before and I needed to let go of people that were previously in my life. That I shouldn't feel hurt that they didn't call me. Of course they wouldn't call me. They were not married and had kids...but when I seen some of these people at fair  did they wonder how I turned out? Was I some shallow person, was I still getting in trouble, or did they even recognize me? Like whoa that is Joie Reffitt? Do you guys ever see someone from school and be like I didn't think they would turn out like that! My 10 year class reunion just passed and I really enjoyed it. It was nice seeing classmates and seeing where they ended up at and with who. I loved how I didn't have to introduce Jake...because Jake has always been around (bonus of High school sweet heart). Anyways with this blog I remember going what is the title??? and I was feeling at the time "Just a small town gal"..  I was seeing on Facebook classmates graduating college or how they "got out of that town" ect ect...and although I was very happy for them I felt less than but ultimately I don't know why I let those feelings inside my head. I never had plans to move away. I actually have always been proud to be from Allen East. I've always embraced my family and my church family. I am a "small town" gal and you know what...I love it. But I can certainly tell you I"m not average or normal or a sane one :).

Fair is calling and it is calling quickly. I'm ready for September for school to start..but August and fair..I am not ready. EEEKKKK... I can manage to pack clothes. I can manage the thought of the sheep because that is Jake's department. But the food....eeekk... One good thing is my sister and friend do suppers together. We each both have 2 nights that we are responsible for food. So that is nice. But like the day to day lunch or breakfast and drinks ...I need to get squared away. I hope mother nature is nice and takes it easy on us that week too. Please...nothing sucks more than being really sweaty and having to nurse a baby...that is just me... :) 

My 2 olders Sondra and Stuart are on wagon train this week with my parents. It has been kind of weird. Like what if we just had these 2 littles???... As much as is sickens me..I miss the loudness and the fighting and bickering...(I'm really not sane, but I have already told you that)…  But Sondra has been a outrider which is pretty neat! She has been riding Willy. So its 10 plus miles a day! That girl is getting some miles under her belt and earning some confidence. Of what my Mom tells me Stuart has been quite the social butterfly too. He has made a friend. I visited wednesday and he says here is my new friend Case…watch us fight…they proceeded to fight for the next 20 minutes. They take turns crying…lol..but i guess they have been at it all week.  

So its all getting real..Stuart's book bag came this week…I bought the school supplies for the kids too..I know Stu went to preschool..but its a official..Stu is starting his school career. I'm excited, anxious, scared. He was cracking me up…he picked out his book bag print and I asked him what he wanted it to say…(Sondra picked cowgirl) …stuart wanted it to say "I love grammy" that is what he calls his grandma's …I said no that is too long…figuring he would pick something else…so then he asks for "grammy's boy"…lol umm no….I couldn't let him get made fun of..lol… So I picked SRC … this will be Sondra's 5th year with her book bag…so I wasn't sure how he would feel about his bag saying Grammy's boy in a few years…and more than likely I'm sure Stu will keep his longer…this was the first year Sondra asked for another bag…I told her next year we would order her a new one…But now it is hitting me seeing Stuart book bag filled with supplies. Just crazy… my boy is off to kindergarten!

Welp! I must be going! Today is daycare day..I hear some stirring! Pray for me and these next couple weeks :)

Love,
Me 

No comments:

Post a Comment