Thursday, May 26, 2016

6 days/Nurse/StuSchool/ECT

This time next week I'll be holding my baby girl probably blurry eyed because I'll restart the "whole not sleeping" thing... Less than a week...6 days...jeeze! We are slowly but surely getting ready...I've gotten 2 of the 4 rooms "cleaned" up for unexpected guests...but this week plan to get kitchen and living room finished...but those are high traffic get dirty easy rooms..but that will be done this weekend... and if your reading this...and you want to drop in..please call or text first..or even better yet...invite us over for dinner :) lol... 
just because my house will be a boobs out kinda thing for a while..I mean I should be covered up..but ya know..I can't count on what Shania will be doing... She has seen babies covered up while nursing but doesn't get what is going on... I can just imagine her walking around without a shirt feeding her baby...LOL... Sondra asked when I bought some bottles ...so are you going to feed this baby like me and stu or are you going to just pump or you going to nurse?  I told her my main goal is to nurse that I shouldn't ever have to feed her a bottle BUT I the bottles were for anybody else to feed her because I know her big sisters would want to!...and in the back of my head.... and Momma will need to be baby free every once and awhile so yeah!... Stu however asked me too in his funny way...I had my breast pump out of the box and he so affectionately talked "pump" ...he would imitate it while I did it....and he said are you going to be a "pumper" again...lol...no I don't plan on it full time...and he says so are you going to feed Skyla with your ..you know whats? the inappropriate word..lol... Yes Stuart I am going to feed Skyla with my Boobs. That is what God made them for its not inappropriate if that is what you are talking about. :) ... so it will be a adjustment...I've got 2 covers and a nice comfy bedroom that I can retreat too.

This week has been pretty busy too! Yesterday Stuart was tested for Kindergarten. I had some anxiety going into it. Even knowing that his teacher was already picked out but still for that test I was a little worried. Last year when he took the screening the first time I felt less than. I felt like I failed him. All along I'd been told oh he is a boy ect ect... he will be fine and then he was screened and walked out knowing we had a tough summer ahead of us because we had alot of things to work on before fall..and then a few days later receiving a call he couldn't get a spot in the 2 year program I was so upset. I recently had a IEP meeting with his teachers and Principal and we looked over his achievements and his yet to be achieved goals his IEP will follow him. So going into kindergarten screening his 2 areas he has issues with didn't worry me. It was his other stuff that he should be ready for. Our whole goal for him in preschool was to prepare him for the 1 year kindergarten program. So this was really in my eyes the "preschools" test if they got their job done. And you know what... going over his screening with the same person that did it last year it was great she was really impressed with what a difference had been made especially in his speech (she was my old speech therapist). The areas besides speech and fine motor skills he did great in he almost doubled his score in each area then his first screening. So that was a relief...seriously a big relief... I know next year will not be easy but I feel good him walking in the 1st day and his teacher knows his strengths and know his weaknesses....
Sondra has one more day of school left! I for the life of me still cannot believe that next fall she will be in 3rd grade. Oh Lordy...I again still can't believe she will be 9 June 27th... I think next year when she turns 10 it might even be harder...I'll turn 30..but her turning 10 will be a tough... double digits.... 

But once she is done with school hello sleeping in...well at least for a few days... I'm in the tough weeks where I'm going man this baby needs to get here..I'm not getting my usual 8-9 hours a sleep but past 2 nights I've barely gotten 5... lol... I've constantly have heartburn..I only get it when pregnant but it has never been nearly this bad...I sat up in bed for a few hours through out the night because I felt like I was going to puke! I think I'm going to try and sleep upright in my chair ..or at least start out there..I really love my bed so it drives me batty not sleeping in it! 

My last appointment went great on Wednesday. So my whole goal this pregnancy was not to gain as much weight as I did with Sondra or Shania... Sondra was close to 50lbs...Shania it was 35... I looked at my little card I took to every appt to track my weight and stats and seen if I didn't gain 8lbs in one week that I would be under. When I walked out I checked my card out and look at that!...I'm 10lbs less than I was at Shania's last baby doc appt.. I was so happy :)... this whole pregnancy I've tried to be more active ... and I have...I've intentionally been active and moving thank you  to my fitbit... it was a tough realization even before knowing I was pregnant at the time..but weighing myself and being absolutely uncomfortable with what it said...then knowing I was pregnant and deciding I'm not throwing it all to the wind just because I was preggers but don't get me wrong..I've ate like a pregnant woman But I've continued to move. My goal was to stay close to my "safe" number..so yeah...I feel pretty proud of myself...I have 20lbs to lose to get back to my happy number which feels attainable then from there will begin my "journey" into lets look like the "Joie" everybody remembers. lol..  

Well this weekend starts our weekend of getting stuff done and not doing anything we don't need to do besides Sunday... I'm going to a baby shower in greenville for a clum cousin then my parents have a 40th anniversary cook out that day too.. 
Well by the time I update you next I'll have my sweet babe...it might be a few weeks months or years lol....

Please keep me in your prayers especially Wednesday :) ... 

Love, 
Me 
  
  


No comments:

Post a Comment